Boise doesn't like to boast, but...
- Ranked no. 2 in Forbes magazine, in association with The Pacific Research Institute, in the team's 2008 report of the U. S. Economic Freedom Index in assessing the State based on how friendly state government policies are toward free enterprise and consumer choice (November, 2008)
- Ranked No. 4 by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine out of ten U. S. cities for "Best Cities for 2008"
- Ranked no. 8 of Best Places to Live by Money magazine in July, 2006
- Ranked in the Top 10 Places for Outdoor Activities by Sperling's Best Places in October, 2005
- Ranked No. 4 as the Best Walking City in the U.S. by Prevention magazine in April 2006.
- Ranked No. 1 by Forbes magazine in its 2005 Best Places for Business and Careers.
- Ranked No. 2 by Inc. magazine in its 2005 Best Places rankings for job growth.
- Ranked No. 1 by Bike magazine for best places to live and bike in 2003.
- Named one of the hottest tech cities by Newsweek magazine in 1998.
...there IS a reason for all the attention.